Instagram is one of the most used social media platforms both in our country and globally with more than 1.28 billion monthly users. Although the general audience that uses Instagram personally, the use of the medium for commercial purposes is growing day by day as brands realize the power of social media.
With the popularity of TikTok, the Instagram Reels feature emerged in 2020, inspired by this format.
So, what is the big deal? Why do brands, business accounts, and influencers care about it that much? Let’s take a look at it together.
What Are Instagram Reels?
Reels is a video format that can be up to 60 seconds long, with many add-ons such as music, songs, effects, stickers. You can also edit Reels posts with different tools.
How to Use Reels?
- Open the Instagram app.
- Click the fourth button with the reels symbol from the bottom buttons. (To the left of your profile button.)
- Hit the camera on the top right and start shooting your video.
What Can We Do in Instagram Reals?
Sound and Music: Instagram has a large music library that you can use in Reels. In addition, you can use the sounds and music you produce yourself and even make them available to your followers.
Speed: Here you can slow down or speed up video and audio.
AR Effects: With this ever-evolving feature, you can add a different face to your selfies or change the color of your hair with the effects.
Timer and Countdown: With this plugin, you can decide how many seconds the Reels will be or set a countdown to start shooting automatically after a certain time.
Alignment: If you need to make intermediate adjustments between the videos you have taken or align them, this plugin allows it.
Upload: You can upload and edit Reels you created earlier in the app.
How Big Should Reels Size Be?
Like Story, Reels posts are a type of post that can be shared vertically. The recommended aspect ratio for reels posts is 9:16, while the recommended size is 1080×1920.
Discover For Reels
- Your Reels post will enter your account’s flow and will be on the “Reels” section of your profile. It will stay there unless you delete it.
- If you’re using your account publicly, your Reels posts are likely to end up in the Discover section.
- When your reels end up in the Discover section, your engagement and reach rate increases automatically. Users can like, share and comment on your Reels post, reach you via DM, and follow you.
- If your account is a private account, you should remember that your Reels posts can only be viewed by your followers.
In this article, we took a look at many topics related to Instagram Reels. But social media is a medium updated very fast and trends are constantly changing. Especially since Reels is a very used feature, it is renewed every day. Adapting quickly to these changes has positive results for your brand and personal profile.
In order not to stay away from the trends and to follow all the developments closely, we invite you to our Digipeak social media accounts where we share the current news instantly.
You can reach our other Social Media blogs below: